Friday, October 10, 2014

Well, here I go folks. Trying again. I tried to get my own domain blog but it was too expensive for my budget. And since I am already a part of Google I decided to combine what I have at John Wards World with John Wards Wonderful World. I am a writer and soon I intend to begin my autobiography so all that I am doing here is for practice.

Just a little about myself. I recently past the sixty years old mark. I still just feel like a big kid though. A "young at heart" is what I think my attitude is popularly called. I have done several things in my life. I guess it has be kind of an adventure.   I starter out at a very young age believing I was going to become a Baptist minister. My parents could not hardly see how that would be because I had a terrible speech impediment and I was very shy.

But over time things happened and by the time I reached high school I had come under the care of  the South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Department in my home town of Anderson, South Carolina. Eventually they had a conference with my parents and told me about a doctor in Charleston, SC, who was developing a procedure called larynyx reconstruction if they were willing for me to try it. The State of South Carolina was going to pay for it. And it actually worked! After years of speech therapy everyone could clearly understand me!

My doctor encouraged me to get into music so since I was in high school I joined the school choir and I thought the drama class would me good for me too and it was and it was fun and really helped me get out of my shyness. When I went on to college I joined the choir there and my voice sounded professional. And we actually were able to record a couple of albums during my time there

So the Lord has blessed my effort to serve him. In my time I have served as a youth minister, a music minister, a supply pastor when a church needed a fill in minister when there regular pastor was away and an interim pastor when a church was between pastors. I also work regular jobs and enjoyed them. I got to meet the public that way. My final job was in a hospital in the housekeeping (now called Environmental Services) department and I loved it because I was able to be with patients and cheer them up and promise to pray for them.

So I hope that your life has been as meaningful as mine has been. A lot of life is what we make of it and seeking out how God is leading us is important too.


No comments:

Post a Comment